XLRI- POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN SENIOR LEADERSHIP (PGCSL)
The senior management’s role is to keep a team focused and motivated. This would require skills related to effective communication including: strategy, negotiation, abilities to influence team behavior and manage team results. It is crucial for a senior manager to possess a right blend of soft skills and a strategic mindset. This skillset enables him/her to achieve specific performance outcomes in an organization. The PGCSL Program offers critical skills to an individual enabling him to attain success for his organization.
Who Can Attend
- Senior managers and business leaders looking forward to organizational and personal growth
- Graduates/Post Graduates with 10 + years of managerial experience and aspiring to be: functional head, business Unit Head and entrepreneur
Alumni Status Benefits from XLRI
- Time to time update on Programme related information and newsletters.
- Lifelong access to XLRI Alumni network with updates of alumni events.
- Onsite access of XLRI library.
- Discount on different programmes offered through VIL platform as per the institute norms.
Campus Immersion will be a great opportunity for you to familiarise with the faculty. It should help develop positive connections. It will also include direct coaching and lay foundation for key aspects of the programme i.e. Training Assessment
Through a personal guidance approach and series of workshops, lectures and assignments – the programme will enable development of a unique leadership style that helps you lead personal and professional transformation. The XLRI faculty will help you build foundational skills to strengthen people management, strategy implementation and expanding on personal strengths.
Final Leg of the programme will consist of a Live Project which will have you work on solving an organizational problem from your experience. Here we will use Strategic Thinking to find challenges and opportunities in the workplace and implementing solutions to improve mindsets of employees and sustaining transformation. Continuous evaluation by faculty and series of interactions will ensure support and important takeaway points at each step of the module.
- Exceptional opportunity for both personal and professional growth
- Set the direction of your business and develop an overarching corporate strategy
- Boost your personal leadership skills and accelerate your role in building and leading a high-performing organization.
- Improve your analytical and decision-making skills in order to resolve disputes
- Understanding the current industrial scenario and transforming operational capabilities into a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Rigorous program structure with assessments
- Case studies, Simulations and Role play
- Alumni membership of XLRI present globally
Module I – Strengthening the foundation
- Anchors of Leadership
- a. Self-assessment
- b. Concept of leadership
- Dynamics of markets
- a. Understanding customers and markets Operations and supply chain management
- b. Strategic Marketing & pricing techniques
- Visioning and Communicating
- a. Visioning and goal setting
- b. Effective communication (for internal & external stakeholders)
Module II - Setting the direction – Strategic thinking
- Strategic Thinking for Leadership Growth
- Organizational strategy
- b. Entrepreneurial thinking
- Building a responsible organization: Sustainability and ethics
- a. Stakeholder management and Sustainability
- b. Building an ethical organization
- Creating corporate value
- a. Finance & accounting for the leaders/Non-finance executives
- b. Corporate strategy – alliances and M&A and Valuation
Module III: - Strategy implementation
- Organisational structure and HR alignment
- a. Designing organizational structure and controls
- b. Leveraging human resources
- Creating High-performance teams
- a. Designing appropriate incentive systems
- b. Building teams
- Managing at scale
- a. Managing growth and new businesses
- b. Managing large projects
Module IV:- Leading Change
- Conflicts management and negotiations
- a. Conflict resolution
- b. Effective negotiations
- Business turn-around management
- Corporate culture, creativity and innovation
- a. Instilling high-performance culture
- b. Designing creativity and innovation