Greetings of the day!!
If you’re associate degree skilled in Red Hat UNIX operating system Administration then this is often for you. Allow us to understand if you searching for employment change? Then don’t worry, we’ve a right declare your employment interview preparation. If you’re getting ready for Red Hat UNIX operating system Administration employment interview then undergo training Basket Interview queries Section, additional updates kindly subscribe our newsletter
- How to Check the Uptime of A Linux Server?
Using uptime command we can determine how long a linux box has been running, also uptime can be viewed by the top & w command.
- How To Check Which Redhat Version Is Installed On Server?
Use the command cat /etc/redhat-release , output of this command will tell you the redhat version.
- How To Install Rpm Packages In Redhat & Centos Linux?
rpm and yum command are used to install packages in redhat linux and CentOS.
- How to Check The Ip Address of Lan Card?
Using ‘ifconfig’ & ‘ip address’ command we can determine the ip address of LAN Card.
- How to Determine the Hostname of a Linux Box?
On typing the hostname command on terminal we can determine the hostname of a linux server.
- How to Check the Default Gateway?
Using ‘route -n’ command we can determine the default gateway in linux.
- Which Command Is Used To Check The Kernel Version?
- How to Check The Current Runlevel Of A Linux Box?
‘who -r’ and ‘runlevel’ , both of these command are used to find current run level.
- What Is Initrd ?
Initrd stands for initial ram disk , which contains the temporary root file system and necessary modules which helps in mounting the real root file system in read mode only.
- What Is Soft Link?
Soft link is a method to create short cuts in linux. It is similar to windows short cut feature.
- How to Create A Blank File In Linux From Command Line?
Using the command ‘touch <file-name>’
- What Is Run Level 2?
Run level 2 is the multi-user mode without networking.
- Why Linux Is Called Open source?
Because one can customize the existing code and can redistribute it.
- How to Check All the Installed Kernel Modules?
Using the Command ‘lsmod’ we can see the installed kernel modules.
- What Is The Default Uid & Gid Of Root User?
Default uid & gid of root user is 0.
- How to Change the Password of User from The Command Line?
- What Is A Process?
Any program in execution is called a process.
- What Is Name Of First Process In Linux?
‘init’ is the first process in linux which is started by kernel and whose pid is 1.
- What Is The Difference Between Umask And Ulimit ?
umask stands for ‘User file creation mask’, which determines the settings of a mask that controls which file permissions are set for files and directories when they are created. While ulimit is a linux built in command which provides control over the resources available to the shell and/or to processes started by it.
You can limit user to specific range by editing /etc/security/limits.conf at the same
time system wide settings can be updated in /etc/sysctl.conf
20 How to List Hidden Files From The Command Line?
‘ls -a’ <Folder_Name>
21 What Is Bootloader?
Bootloader is a program that boots the operating system and decides from which kernel OS will boot.