1) Explain what is Citrix?
It is an application deployment system. With Citrix, one can access the customized application and can also delivered to remote systems. It also allows file transfer from home computer to office computer and e-mail accessing.
2) List out the Major Citrix components?
Major Citrix components are
- XenApp:It allows to host applications on central servers and enables users to interact with them remotely and deliver it to the user’s devices for local executions
- XenDesktop:It is the practice of hosting a desktop operating system with a virtual machine running on a remote server
- XenServer:It enables you to combine multiple Xen-enabled servers into a powerful resource pool using industry standard shared storage architecture and leveraging resource clustering technology created by XenSource
- Provisioning Server:It reduces the number of systems that they manage, even as the computers number continues to grow.
- Netscaler: It is used to provide level 4 load balancing
3) List out the services provided by Citrix?
Service provided by Citrix includes
- Citrix virtual memory optimization service
- Encryption service
- Citrix XTE service
- Independent Management architecture
- Citrix SMA service
- COM (Common Object Model) services
4) Explain what is Data Store?
Data store is a database which consists of all the configuration information needed by the Citrix farm. Changes can be made at any time to the Meta Frame Server. The changes are persisted in the data store. It will data store following information like
- Server configuration
- User configuration
- Print Environment
- Published Application
5) List out the ports associated with Citrix services?
- Default port is A: 1494
- Default listening port for Citrix XML service: 80
- For ICA: 1494
- UDP port used for client broadcasting: 1604
- IMA port: 2512 and 2513
- CMC and SSL port: 443
- Server to SQL port: 1433
- Session Reliability: 2598
- Port Number for licensing: 27000
6) Mention what is the query command in Citrix?
Query command in Citrix includes
7) Mention what is web interface or Nfuse?
Citrix web interface software provides web access to Java, Unix and Windows applications which are hosted via Citrix application server software. Citrix offers server side control of hosted applications, while Citrix web interface makes applications accessible through a web browser interface.
8) Explain what is Citrix XML broker?
Citrix XML broker behaves as an intermediary between the web interface and farm. It receives the credentials of the user from the web interface. It retrieves the applications that have user permission to access. It is done by independent management architecture and returns to the web interface. XML broker detects the server in the farm, once the user is authenticated. It returns the address of the service rendering server to the web interface. It functions between IMA service and web interface.
9) Mention what are the default tests available in Health Monitoring & Recovery Tool?
The tests in XenApp Health Monitoring and Recovery Tool are
- Citrix IMA service test
- Logon Monitor test
- Terminal Service test
- XML Service Test
10) List out the load evaluators that are supported in Citrix?
Load evaluators that are supported in Citrix includes
- Memory Utilization
- CPU Utilization
- IP Range
- Page Swap
- Page Fault
- Context Switches
- Disk Data I/O
- Server Application Load
- User Application Load