What is Asymmetric Encryption.
In Asymmetric Encryption there is two different key used for encrypt and decrypt to packet. Means that one key used for Encrypt packet, and second key used to for decrypt packet. Same key can not encrypt and decrypt.
How Checkpoint Component communicate and Sync with each other?
Secure Internal Communications (SIC) is the Check Point feature that ensures components, such as Security Gateways, SmartCenter Server, SmartConsole, etc. can communicate with each other freely and securely using a simple communication initialization process.
Checkpoint Packet flow for SNAT and DNAT?
- In case of SNAT
- Session lookup
- Policy lookup
- In case of DNAT
- Session lookup
- Policy lookup
CheckPoint Anti Spoofing
What is Anti-Spoofing?
Anti-Spoofing is the feature of Checkpoint Firewall. which is protect from attacker who generate IP Packet with Fake or Spoof source address. Its determine that whether traffic is legitimate or not. If traffic is not legitimate then firewall block that traffic on interface of firewall.
What is Stealth Rule in checkpoint firewall?
Stealth Rule Protect Checkpoint firewall from direct access any traffic. Its rule should be place on the top of Security rule base. In this rule administrator denied all traffic to access checkpoint firewall.
What is Cleanup rule In Checkpoint Firewall?
Cleanup rule place at last of the security rule base, It is used to drop all traffic which not match with above rule and Logged. Cleanup rule mainly created for log purpose. In this rule administrator denied all the traffic and enable log.
What are the functions of CPD, FWM, and FWD processes?
CPD – CPD is a high in the hierarchical chain and helps to execute many services, such as Secure Internal Communication (SIC), Licensing and status report.
FWM – The FWM process is responsible for the execution of the database activities of the SmartCenter server. It is; therefore, responsible for Policy installation, Management High Availability (HA) Synchronization, saving the Policy, Database Read/Write action, Log Display, etc.
FWD – The FWD process is responsible for logging. It is executed in relation to logging, Security Servers and communication with OPSEC applications.
What are the two types of Check Point NG licenses?
- Central License
- Local Licenses
Central licenses are the new licensing model for NG and are bound to the SmartCenter server. Local licenses are the legacy licensing model and are bound to the enforcement module.
What are the major differences between SPLAT and GAIA?
Gaia is the latest version of Checkpoint which is a combination of SPLAT and IPSO. Here are some benefits of Gaia as compare to SPLAT/IPSO.
- Web-Based user interface with Search Navigation
- Full Software Blade support
- High connection capacity
- Role-Based administrative Access
- Intelligent Software updates
- Native IPv4 and IPv6 Support
- ClusterXL or VRRP Clusters
- Manageable Dynamic Routing Suite
- Full Compatibility with IPSO and SecurePlatform.
Checkpoint Interview Questions – Architecture
What is Checkpoint Architecture
Check Point has developed a Unified Security Architecture that is implemented throughout all of its security products. This Unified Security Architecture enables all Check Point products to be managed and monitored from a single administrative console and provides a consistent level of security.
The Check Point Unified Security Architecture is comprised of four main components:
- Core Technologies: Check Point uses a common set of core technologies, such as INSPECT for security inspection, across multiple layers of security.
- Central Management:All Check Point products can be managed and monitored from a single administrative console.
- Open Architecture:Check Point has built its security architecture to be open and interoperable in a heterogeneous environment. For example, Check Point products can interoperate with other network and security equipment from third-party vendors to enable cooperative enforcement of Security Policies.
- Universal-update Ability:Check Point has consolidated multiple security-alert and update functions to ease update procedures and help Administrators ensure that security is always up-to-date.
What is 3 tier architecture component of Checkpoint Firewall?
- Smart Console.
- Security Management.
- Security Gateway.
What is NAT?
NAT stand for Network Address Translation. It is used to map private IP address with Public IP Address and Public IP address map with Private IP Address. Mainly it is used for Provide Security to the Internal Network and Servers from Internet. NAT is also used to connect Internet with Private IP Address. Because Private IP cant route on Internet.
What is Source NAT?
Source NAT used to initiate traffic from internal network to external network. In source NAT only source IP will be translated in public IP address.
What is IP Sec?
IP Sec (IP Security) is a set of protocol. which is responsible for make secure communication between two host machine, or network over public network such as Internet. IPSec Protocol provide Confidentiality, Integrity, Authenticity and Anti Replay protection.
There is two IPSec protocol which provides security
- ESP (Encapsulation Security Payload) and
- AH (Authentication Header).