Morningstar India Pvt Ltd
Experience:- 0 - 3 Yrs
Location:- Delhi NCR
The Area: The Data Lake team is building the next-generation platform for data and research at Morningstar. We are leveraging AWS technologies to store unstructured data, massage it into semi-structured data through Big Data optimization techniques, and analyze it through a variety of tools (both AWS and Open Source). The Lake is used across Morningstar to store and access all their structured and unstructured data across all teams as a single source of information.
The Role: The Tech Lead would need to focus on understanding the architecture of the Data Lake APIs and Services and help the team with hands on development and maintenance of the same. The role needs you to be self-starter and should be able to get hands on with development or research when required to guide the team in the right direction. The role demands interaction with multiple cross functional teams across Morningstar to understand their requirement and pain areas to prioritize and translate them into fully functional features.
· Be able to design and develop new Features and Services using Python and AWS
· Maintaining the existing services and APIs
· Be involved in the core architectural discussions and be able to take design decisions.
· Be involved in the research and provide guidance to the team when required.
· Be a part of the prioritization process with the Product Owners and other stakeholders.
· Work with the different teams in Morningstar when required and understand their requirements and onboard them on to Data Lake.
· Practice and maintain high standards of development and quality checks.
· Practice Scrum in the team and make sure that the team practices agile methodology.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualifications
· Eight to Twelve years of either lead or managerial experience.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
· Ability to explain and mentor others in regard to technologies and best practices
· Should be research oriented and make sure the results are shared with the team
· Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and design
· Knowledge on AWS Services like API Gateway, Lambda, Dynamo DB, Elastic Search, S3 and Glue is desired
· Exposure with building REST APIs using Python and framework such as Flask, Django
· Should be able to write unit and integration test cases using pytest
· Should understand CI/CD process and tools like Jenkins, CloudFormation, Terraform
· Knowledge on Spark, PySpark, Hive, Pandas will be advantageous
· AWS Certification (Solutions Architect or Developer) is a big Plus
· Hands on experience on Apache Airflow is a big plus
· Should have good analytical skills, also should have learning attitude
· Should understand design concepts and have proven experience in designing software
· A high degree of self-motivation and the ability to adapt quickly to new tasks.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
Be The First to Know about New Jobs!
Save this search and get emails as new jobs arrive.
Prepare For All Top Skills
Students Enrolled – 10000+
Students Enrolled – 15000+
AWS Certification – What is AWS and Why is it Important?
Gift yourself a rewarding career by taking AWS Certification With the origin of cloud computing, AWS has been the major shareholder in the market. It's...
Become a Successful T-shaped
How can you become a T-shaped person? We all have heard about various shapes of person that defines the overall features or qualities of individual....
Why Employers Want Professionals with Cisco Certification?
Cisco Certification and it's Importance In today's competitive world, where technology is emerging and upgrading every day, a progressive approach for....