Managers manage and leaders lead. The transition from a manager to a leader requires a strategic shift in perspective, mindset, and focus. The need to envision the bigger picture and broaden horizons is as essential for aspiring leaders as it is for people in leadership roles who yearn for greater success. A strategic perspective will enable leaders to analyse market dynamics, anticipate trends, think long term and prepare for sustainable growth.
The Advanced Programme in Strategy for Leaders from IIM Lucknow is a comprehensive programme designed to impart core knowledge and skills required to lead a business or organisation from a strategy perspective. The curriculum is designed to expose participants to basic concepts and framework of strategy and learn strategy formulation at different levels of an organisation. Further, participants will be taught to link strategy formulation and strategy implementation, and acquire in-depth insights into advanced topics in strategy.
“Due to COVID-19, Government has advised against all kinds of public gathering till further notice. For us safety of our learners is important. Hence the programme will be delivered over Direct-to-Device platform i.e. (D2D) where you can access online interactive lectures which will get delivered in your desktop/laptop/mobile. Once the situation improves, the programme shall then be delivered at our designated Centres.”
• Comprehensive programme on advanced principles of strategy and their implementation
• Designed to develop strategic change initiatives and sharpen strategic effectiveness
• One-year programme with two 3-day on-campus modules
• IIM Lucknow certification and Executive Education Alumni status
- Virtual live lectures cum discussions
- Case studies
- Live corporate examples
- Guest lectures by business leaders
Programme Duration & Delivery
- One-year programme delivered via the Interactive Learning (IL) platform
- Virtual Live online lectures accessed at a state-of-the-art TimesTSW Learning Centre
- Two mandatory on-campus modules of 3 days each at the beginning and end of the programme at IIM Lucknow
- Classes conducted once a week on Saturdays: 6:45 p.m. to 9:45 p.m.
- Graduates/Post Graduates in any discipline with minimum 50% marks, or, 3-year fulltime diploma (10+2+3) from a recognised institute
- Minimum 5 years of work experience
- Selection on the basis of application form and statement of purpose submitted along with application
Curriculum and Course Structure:
- Introduction to strategy and strategic decisions
- Conceptual framework in strategic management
- Evaluation of business environment: general, industry and competitor
- Competitive rivalry and dynamics
- Assessment of resources, capabilities and competencies
- Developing business, corporate and international strategy
- Cooperative strategies: Strategic alliances and joint ventures
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Technology and innovation strategy
- Blue Ocean strategy
- Bottom of pyramid strategies
- Session-specific case analysis and presentation
- Comprehensive case analysis and strategy presentation
- Strategy in emerging markets
- Human resource management and strategy
- Knowledge-based view on strategy
- Strategy implementation
- Organisation structure and management control
- Corporate governance and ethics
- Disruption as competitive strategy
- Functional area inputs
- Management of change and transformation
- Submission of business plan/strategy
- Implementation of submitted business plan/strategy
- Presentation of Report and subsequent discussion
Evaluations will be based on:
- Comprehensive examination covering all strategy themes taught until the completion of the programme.
- Case Analysis Presentations
- Project Report Submission and Presentations
Comprehensive on-line Exam will have 50% weightage, Case Analysis will have weightage of 10% and Project Report and Presentation will have weightage of 40% towards final score. Projects will be done in groups of three or four.
Programme Fee Structure
|Processing Fee||INR 10,000/-** + taxes|
|Programme Fee||INR 2,40,000/-** + taxes|
|IIM-L MDP Alumni Fee||INR 10,000/-+ taxes|
|Total Fee (excluding application fee)||INR 2,50,000 /- + taxes|
*GST as per prevailing rate is applicable & will be collected additionally from the candidate/participant. Current GST rate is 18%.
**At the time of application, Processing Fee of INR 10000 will be charged. Processing fee contains INR 2,500 towards application fee & INR 7,500 towards the 1st instalment of Programme Fees. Processing Fee of INR 10,000 is refundable in case the participant’s profile is rejected by IIM Lucknow
*** Course Material, Boarding & Lodging during the campus stay is inclusive in Total Programme Fee
|One week from the
oﬀer roll out date
|10th Oct 2020||10th Jan 2021||10th April 2021|
|INR 55,000 **||INR 62,500||INR 62,500||INR 62,500|
*Excludes GST at 18%
** Effective 1st Instalment after deducting INR 7500 received at time of application (INR 62500 – INR 7500 = INR 55000)
|Application Closure Date||20th May 2020|
|First installment date||One week from offer letter date|
|Date for 1st Class /Campus Visit||31st July to 2nd August 2020|
|Orientation Date||8th August 2020|
|Program End Date||July 2021|
Prof. Neeraj Dwivedi
Professor Strategic Management
Prof. Neeraj Dwivedi joined IIM Lucknow in 2010 and is currently a Professor in the Strategic Management Area. He was earlier associated with IIM Indore during 2006-2010 and IIM Kozhikode during 2004-2006. He also had a short stint at the School of Management, Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok as a visiting faculty.
He completed his Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) from IIM Lucknow in 2004, Masters in Engineering from the IIT Kharagpur in 1994 and Bachelors in Engineering from G B Pant University in 1992.
Apart from having about 18 years of experience in management research and teaching, he had also spent about 6 years in the corporate sector, mainly in the food processing and consulting industry, in various roles.
Prof. Sabyasachi Sinha
Assistant Professor Strategic Management
Prof. Sabyasachi Sinha is an Associate Professor of Strategy, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation, at IIM Lucknow where he has taught since 2012. Prior to joining academics he worked with multinational organizations in different capacities. He did his Fellow (PhD) from IIM–Ahmedabad in Business Policy. He is also an alumnus of IIT-Dhanbad. He is a start-up evangelist, and is associated with multiple start-ups in different roles—board advisor, investor, and mentor.