IIM Kozhikode Executive Management Development Programme in Project Management
A project is a unique, transient endeavour, undertaken to achieve planned objectives, which could be defined in terms of outputs, outcomes or benefits. A project is deemed to be a success if it achieves predetermined objectives within an agreed timescale and budget.
Project management, then, is the application of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities to meet the project requirements. A project management professional needs a wide range of skills; often technical skills, and certainly people management skills and good business awareness.
The Project Management programme is offered as an eMDP (executive Management Development Programme) by Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIM-K) delivered via an online Interactive Learning platform and broadcast directly to the participant’s device (Desktop/Laptop/Tablet/Smartphone)
Regardless of industry type and size, it is essential for companies to leverage project management capability into a competitive advantage. The non-repetitive, irreversible nature of projects and the huge capital investments involved, makes the knowledge of scientific and advanced project management skills mission-critical. This programme is designed to impart necessary skills in managing large projects in different domains ranging from Construction to IT.
- Graduation in any discipline and relevant work experience of minimum 3 years in project domain after graduation.
- Comprehensive curriculum designed to equip project managers with global best practices in Project Management
- Hands-on experience of MS project software
- Real-life case studies drawn from Indian and multinational companies from multiple industry verticals
- Encourages participants to be proactive during discussion to enhance their scope of understanding Knowledge resources and capability building to link operations to strategy/finances
- Project managers and leaders with work experience in a project environment
- Mid and senior level executives responsible for managing change and new initiatives
- Professionals working on projects in various capacities
- Employees aspiring for senior roles in project execution
- Professionals shifting or aspiring to take project management roles in future
Key Learning Outcomes
- 1Understanding the principles, processes, different tools and techniques of project management.
- 2Real-time work experience during the program. Participants would be introduced to real-life cases drawn from Indian and international companies across multiple domains.
- 3Learn how to leverage the acquired knowledge in real world environment.
- Introduction to Project Management
- Projects in R&D Environments
- Project Life Cycle Management
- Project Selection & Formulation
- Project Financial Appraisal
- Market Appraisal
- Project Organization Team
- Enhancing Project Leadership
- Project Time & Cost Estimation
- Developing Project Plans
- Working with MS Project
- Scheduling Project Resources
- Project Risk Management
- Critical Chain Project Management
- Project Progress & Performance Management
- Negotiation & Conflict Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Project Control Systems
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Quality Management
- Adaptive & Agile Project Management
- Software Project Management
- International Project Management
- Project Audit & Closure
- Project Management with IR 4.0