Introduction & Objectives
The success of today’s business today depends on people. Not products or services, not strategy; but people. Talent acquisition is a critical organisational function concerned with recruitment, selection and retention of human resources. An organisation’s employee acquisition strategy is expected to ensure the right workforce working at the right place, right time. To ensure this, the organisation needs to be clear about what are the most critical skills and attributes needed in its applicant pool which must be consistent with the job requirements and the organisation’s approach to its market. Organisations should screen primarily on important attributes that differentiate the applicant from others in the pool.
Talent acquisition professionals face critical skill gaps and in today’s hyper-competitive and digitally-disruptive markets, the job becomes more challenging. The Executive Development Programme in Talent Acquisition is designed for working executives with little or no formal learning in talent acquisition, but whose professional responsibilities include hiring employees for their organisation.
Who Can Attend
- This program is designed for working executives with little or no formal learning in talent acquisition, but whose professional responsibilities include hiring employees for their organisation.
- Only graduates with minimum one year of experience as on application close date, may apply.
- Admission at the sole discretion of the Programme Director
- Live interactive instruction sessions delivered by expert faculty from XLRI Jamshedpur
- Direct-to-Device (D2D) programme accessed by smart phone/tablet/laptop/desktop
- Concepts explained using real life examples
- Hands-on-experience project and peer-based learning & networking
- Present insights relevant to participant’s workplace via live projects
- Talent acquisition and talent management
- Job analysis in human resource selection
- Incorporating job analysis results in selection measures
- Competency –Based Recruitment and Selection
- Selection interview
- Ability tests
- Personality tests
- Performance test
- Strategies for selection decision making
- Retention Management
The instruction methodology will consist of lectures cum discussions case studies and exercises. After attending the programme, participants will be able to understand the following
A) The process of identifying job performance dimensions that are the basis for knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job assigned,
B) The process of assessing knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job assigned,
C) The process of incorporating knowledge, skills and abilities that are required for job performance in the selection measures and
D) Various steps, tools and techniques used in employee selection process
Case studies and real-life examples
Hands-on experience project
Live project relevant to each participant’s workplace
Material would be provided by XLRI Jamshedpur for core learning and reference material will be prescribed.
Participants will be evaluated on the basis of Live Project and Attendance. Participants have to conduct a live project on training and submit it at the end of the programme. Participants who pass in the live project and who attend the program with minimum 75% of attendance will be given a Certificate of Completion. Participants who don’t attain passing marks in the live project but log an attendance of minimum 70%, will be given a Certificate of Participation.
Duration of the Programme: 4 Months
Programme Delivery: Programme sessions will be delivered by XLRI faculties on Times Learning platform using direct to participant device (D2D) facility.
Programme Schedule: Saturday, 6:45 pm to 9:45 pm